According to Hippocrates (the father of medicine), celery calms the nerves – perhaps because of the high calcium content. Well here is a whole lot of celery, recently harvested on the Holland Marsh before going to market. This produce will be in grocery stores in a matter of days.
After dinner and before sunset, I often take a drive up to the Holland Marsh and take photos. I find this very peaceful and the local farm folks are friendly - a little inquisitive about who I am and why I'm photographing them and their land - but accomodating nonetheless. Last night was a beautiful evening as the sun set over the vast wetlands.
I was able to capture a few local crop pickers harvesting their produce. At his time of year, celery, carrots, bok choy and lettuce are abundant in the fields.
Last night's full moon illuminates this field of carrots.
Very very beautiful Steve, let me know when u want to go again. Benny
ReplyDeleteSteve, wonderful story telling of the Holland Marsh. Nice B/W images. You are tempting me to be a farmer. I think i have a genetic predisposition to be a farmer...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos. I am gardener at heart and by upbringing!
ReplyDelete