Lately, I've developed a strange fascination with old rural fences. Here are a few I have photographed close to home in and around King Township, Ontario. Some fences - like the traditional white horse fence - have very interesting configurations and are very powerful mental symbols of estate wealth that says NO TRESSPASSING. But I particularly like the less intimidating, old fashion rustic appeal of post and rail fences, most of which were erected decades ago. Despite the decrepit construction, these fences are also equally effective in keeping intruders and potential trespassers (like myself) off private property.
REMEMBER TO JOIN BY BLOG AND FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
YOU COULD WIN A FREE FINE ART B&W PRINT
Nice work, Steve. Hard to believe you took up photography.
ReplyDeleteYou mean you were in King and didn't stop by?
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures as usual.
Keep in touch, let's grab a coffee
Vito
Hi Steve, Very good B/w 's. just curious. Are you printing them in dark room chemistry the traditional way, or using photoshop software? I really like the 7th piece where the mist is vignetting the back drop. It adds mistry and depth. Steve, you seem to be falling in love with farms. remember the time we both longed to be farmers? I sure wish i was going around shooting with you.
ReplyDeleteLovely work Ms. Steve! I like this series.
ReplyDeleteDebra
Hi John thanks for commenting. My photography is all digital. If I remember correctly, we wanted to buy a piece of land and become goat farmers.
ReplyDeletelove your work steve, great stuff!
ReplyDeleteDes excellentes photos! bien belles en contraste!
ReplyDelete